The Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth temporarily closed until further notice
- Credit: Archant
The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth has been closed until further notice due to the ongoing spread of coronavirus in the UK.
A charity spokesman said following the recent Government actions and advice, it had taken the precautionary decision to temporarily close The Donkey Sanctuary to the public.
The closure will affect its Sidmouth headquarters and its branches in Ivybridge, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Belfast.
A charity spokesman said: “The safety of our visitors, our donkeys, and our staff is paramount and is an overriding factor in our decision making.
“Our resident donkeys are not affected and they will continue to receive the highest level of care from our dedicated grooms who will continue to work as normal.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll keep you updated with any changes on our website and social media channels. In the meantime, you can still see our wonderful donkeys on our 24/7 livestream webcams.”
It is not yet known when the centres will reopen but all events up until the first week of April have been cancelled.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Visit thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk for more information.