The Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth has plenty planned for half term
- Credit: Archant
Uncover hidden treasure in a Golden Carrot Hunt during half-term at The Donkey Sanctuary.
The Sidmouth venue has a packed programme of seasonal fun giving families the chance to get outdoors, enjoy a host of activities and meet some of the friendly rescue donkeys.
The ‘Golden Carrot Hunt’ is being held as part of the charity’s golden anniversary celebrations, giving visitors a chance to follow clues around the sanctuary to find a treasure chest full of golden carrots. Each clue will relate to a special achievement or interesting fact about the charity.
The hunt is available daily between 9am and 5pm and runs from Saturday, February 16, until Friday, April 5.
Each hunt costs £3 and includes a ‘golden’ prize on completion.
You may also want to watch:
John Crouch, visitor engagement manager at The Donkey Sanctuary, said: “The ‘Golden Carrot Hunt’ will be great fun and is the perfect way for families to explore the sanctuary as they search for clues.”
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon