The name’s Bond.. Sidmouth singer’s debut delight
Songwriter Clara, 18, sees single listed along with hits of Adele
A TEEN singer-songwriter from Sidmouth has taken her first steps to stardom after her debut single was released on music websites to positive reviews.
Clara Bond, 18, of Convent Road, described the first time she saw her song Lost and Found on iTunes and Amazon - alongside hits of megastars like Adele – as “surreal”.
Up-and-coming recording artist Clara gave up the chance to go to university to follow her music career dream.
The former Colyton Grammar School student left her studies after her AS Levels when she was spotted by producers at a vocal tuition showcase.
You may also want to watch:
“All I’ve ever wanted to be since I was a kid was a singer – which is why I took the risk,” Clara told the Herald.
“Having all your hard work pay off and being able to do what you love is an incredible feeling and I really hope that this is just the start,” said the teenager, who’s currently working on follow-up singles and also in the process of shooting a music video for Lost and Found.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“It was quite weird seeing my name on iTunes next to people like Adele – it was surreal.”
Clara, who only recently stopped helping her mum run the East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street, has been featured on the NME website and recorded an acoustic session for the UK’s leading youth broadcaster SB.TV.
She said studying English and poetry at school developed her love for songwriting.
Her cover versions of songs garnered radio play and she has gathered a following on Youtube and social networking sites.
Clara has also built on her fan base with live performances across the country, from festivals to venues like Mama Stones’ in Exeter.
Lost and Found has been chosen to feature on the soundtrack of film The Mask of Sanity.