New novel ‘The Right Wedding’ released by Sidmouth grandmother
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth grandmother has published her first novel at the age of 74.
Frances Chambers is a member of two local writing groups and said: “I have previously written for children but I have always wanted to write a novel for the ‘grown-ups.’ I hope ‘The Right Wedding’ reflects the ups and downs of family life and will amuse people.”
Frances’ new novel is set in a crumbling West Country mansion and is about the preparations for the wedding of Antonia and Roger.
They come from very different families but when disaster strikes at the reception venue, it seems the wedding must be called off.
Among the other characters are 17-year-old Imogen who is desperate to go to art college and find true love and James and Sally, who own the ancient house and are just hoping it doesn’t fall to bits around them.
You may also want to watch:
You can buy The Right Wedding by Frances Chambers from your local book shop or online.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences