The siren gave them a shock!
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at Sidford Playgroup were excited to see a big red fire engine arrive to teach them about fire safety this week.
The toddlers got to meet the firemen, try out their uniform and even had a go on the water hoses.
Organiser Caroline Vansittart said as well as fire safety, the dozen or so tots learnt about the role of the fire service and why the playgroup holds fire drills.
She said the children had ‘a whale of a time’ getting to sit inside the fire engine, although some of them did have a shock when the siren came on.