The Stella Maris Trio to perform at Sidmouth for town band
- Credit: Archant
A trio of musicians will be giving their time and talents to freely support Sidmouth Town Band.
The Stella Maris Trio will be performing on August 30 in The Music Room, at Sidholme Hotel from 11am.
The ‘Opera Bistro’ will feature Mezzo-soprano Iryna Ilnytska from Stakhanov, in Ukraine; Iryna graduated from the Academy of Music in Milan.
Victoria Armillotta, an English-Italian soprano, is currently studying singing at the Royal Northern College of Music; she will also be joined by Sam Baker, who graduated from Pembroke College, Oxford University where he was an organ scholar.
The Stella Maris Trio have carefully chosen a programme with an international flavour. Combining their beautiful voices with drama and humour.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance for Opera Bistro is free and the retiring collection will go towards new instruments and music for the band.
Coffee is at 10.30am and the concert.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences