The Summer Fair at The Donkey Sanctuary offers a great day out
- Credit: Archant
For those looking for a family day out, they need look no further than what is on offer in East Devon
The Donkey Sanctuary, near Sidmouth offers visitors the chance to see its work at close quarters, and in August, they have the opportunity to help it raise funds at its summer fair.
The event, on Sunday, August 12, is by far the sanctuary’s biggest event of the year.
Promising a fun day out for the whole family, the Summer Fair features a packed programme of events including live music, trailer rides, Punch and Judy, archery, go-karting, traditional family games and bouncy castles. Plus, the chance to meet the resident donkeys!
Delicious refreshments will be available throughout the day and when it’s time for some retail therapy, the shopping village will provide something for everyone from its craft and produce stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the Summer Fair can take the opportunity to visit the rest of the site and find out about the work of The Donkey Sanctuary in the new Exhibition Barn.
Donkeys are a vital lifeline for communities around the world and visitors can see exactly how they help people and what The Donkey Sanctuary is doing to improve donkey welfare and to make sure their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
This stunning new restaurant, The Kitchen has been designed to allow diners to relax in spacious surroundings which are blessed with a modern-rustic charm, while the veranda provides a special dining experience overlooking the donkeys’ paddocks and views to the Jurassic Coast. While the gift shop offers lots of donkey-inspired goodies to suit all pockets and the ideal place to pick up a souvenir of the day.
No visit to The Donkey Sanctuary would be complete without meeting some of the resident donkeys, including the gentle giant Poitous donkeys, charismatic adoption donkeys and cute miniature donkeys.
Entry to the Summer Fair costs £2 for adults and under 12s are free. Dogs on leads welcome. All proceeds go towards The Donkey Sanctuary’s work in the community and worldwide.
For more information please call or email 01395 573156 firstname.lastname@example.org
Address information: The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0NU