The Times names Sidmouth a top place to live!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth is one of the top places in the country to live, according to The Times newspaper.
Experts at Bricks & Mortar, a Times supplement, described the town as a handsome Regency seaside with much to offer, including quality restaurants, independent shops and the sailing club.
They wrote: “There’s a saying that people go to die in Sidmouth, but then continue to live for ever.”
The Herald asked its Facebook followers what made the town so special - and residents past and present responded, stating they were not surprised to hear of the Times’ praise.
Judy Greene said: “It is the perfect place, from the beautiful Byes to the wonderful beach. There is a great variety of shops, few chain stores, fabulous eateries and a luxury cinema. It has clean air, it’s peaceful and the valley of the bulbs project is an added bonus.”
You may also want to watch:
Katie Williamson added: “I was born and grew up in Sidmouth. I love the Byes. It’s my beautiful home.”
Julie Edwards, who has the Herald delivered to South America, said the town was still very important to her family.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
“Being born and bred there and having spent so much time there, it will always be my second home. So many truly wonderful memories,” she said.
Amanda Marks posted: “I love Sidmouth. I have lived here all my life. Lovely schools, lovely shops and people. It’s expensive to live here, but it’s like being on holiday every day. Just fabulous.”
Rhossili, South Gower in Wales, was voted the top destination to live.