The Works is moving in
DISCOUNT bookstore The Works is opening in Sidmouth on Thursday, August 19.
The doors of the new store at 18 Fore Street, will open at 10am. Manager Dawn Noble-Mackie and her six team members will be there to welcome customers.
The Works has more than 260 stores nationwide, selling books, art and craft equipment, stationery and gifts. Special offers include three for �5 on paperbacks, four for �5 on children’s books and two for �5 on CDs and DVDs.
Mark Chapman, owner of Paragon Books, in High Street, didn’t see the opening as a threat to business.
“It will be interesting to see what happens, but I’m not overly worried,” he said. “They stock a different kind of book to us and will be catering for a different market.”
You may also want to watch:
The store is offering all customers an exclusive 10 per cent discount when they spend �5 or more and produce this edition of the Herald, up until Monday, August 30.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead