The Works is moving in
DISCOUNT bookstore The Works is opening in Sidmouth on Thursday, August 19.
The doors of the new store at 18 Fore Street, will open at 10am. Manager Dawn Noble-Mackie and her six team members will be there to welcome customers.
The Works has more than 260 stores nationwide, selling books, art and craft equipment, stationery and gifts. Special offers include three for �5 on paperbacks, four for �5 on children’s books and two for �5 on CDs and DVDs.
Mark Chapman, owner of Paragon Books, in High Street, didn’t see the opening as a threat to business.
“It will be interesting to see what happens, but I’m not overly worried,” he said. “They stock a different kind of book to us and will be catering for a different market.”
You may also want to watch:
The store is offering all customers an exclusive 10 per cent discount when they spend �5 or more and produce this edition of the Herald, up until Monday, August 30.
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller