The Works is moving in
DISCOUNT bookstore The Works is opening in Sidmouth on Thursday, August 19.
The doors of the new store at 18 Fore Street, will open at 10am. Manager Dawn Noble-Mackie and her six team members will be there to welcome customers.
The Works has more than 260 stores nationwide, selling books, art and craft equipment, stationery and gifts. Special offers include three for �5 on paperbacks, four for �5 on children’s books and two for �5 on CDs and DVDs.
Mark Chapman, owner of Paragon Books, in High Street, didn’t see the opening as a threat to business.
“It will be interesting to see what happens, but I’m not overly worried,” he said. “They stock a different kind of book to us and will be catering for a different market.”
The store is offering all customers an exclusive 10 per cent discount when they spend �5 or more and produce this edition of the Herald, up until Monday, August 30.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter