Thefts from cars in Sidford spark police plea
A SPATE of thefts from cars in Sidford has prompted a police plea for residents not to leave valuables inside their vehicles.
Four separate crimes had been reported to officers between January 23 and late Thursday, February 9.
The overnight offences took place in School Street, Church Street and Sidvale Close areas of Sidford.
PCSO Alex Powe has urged motorists to be wary of what they leave on display in their cars.
He told the Herald this week: “I would advise all local residents in the Sidford area to make sure their vehicles are left secure overnight and not to display expensive items such as satellite navigation devices and mobile phones.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also encourage all residents to report any suspicious behaviour, especially during night time hours.
“Local officers will conduct patrols in the area to identify and arrest offenders.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites