There with you: Sid Valley Radio urges all to stay in touch
- Credit: Archant
The town has been urged to keep in touch with Sid Valley Radio so it can keep families and residents up to date.
Station manager Bob Weeks said in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak the station’s role in keeping communications going across valley had never been more vital.
Anyone who runs a voluntary group, local business or who is an individual supporting locals during the Covid-19 crisis has been asked to get in touch with the radio who will broadcast it to the local area.
Mr Weeks said: “Tell us what support you are offering and how people can contact your organisation if they need your help.”
The station has put in a request for temporary Emergency FM license so it could provide a service of local community broadcasting to the Sid Valley.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.sidvalleyradio.co.uk to listen online or contact the radio by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01395 514434 or texting 07565 825041.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book