There with you: Sidmouth landladies offer help to community
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth pub is doing everything it can to support its community.
Deborah Bennett and Victoria Davis, of The Balfour Arms, on Woolbrook Road, are offering help to those self-isolating or needing help amid the Covid-19 outbreak.
The pair said: “Where anybody in the community is self-isolating, vulnerable or needs help we are offering hot and cold food deliveries.”
They have also been asking supermarkets to donate food they plan to throw out so they can turn it into free meals for those needing it most – especially school children who normally rely on free school meals.
Deborah and Victoria said: “We are also offering to do the shopping for anyone that needs it.
You may also want to watch:
“We are offering an ear, being at home they may be going stir crazy so they can ring us anytime to just talk to somebody. We are offering any other practical help we are able to do.”
Call 07900 200327 if you need help.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98