Thieves plunder �7k of slate from Sidford building
Sidmouth police investigate overnight incident
Police investigating an overnight theft at the village’s water pumping station said 70 metres of roofing slate was taken.
It is suspected the culprits used a ladder to gather their haul and would have been at the scene for some time.
The theft occurred between 4.30pm on Monday and 7am on Tuesday last week.
Premises owner South West Water, told the Herald: “This theft has not affected the operation of the site or our network. Our sites are regularly checked by our operational and security staff and anyone found stealing will be prosecuted.”
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Police have appealed for witnesses and information over the incident and can be contacted on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/10/359.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites