Thieves plunder �7k of slate from Sidford building
Sidmouth police investigate overnight incident
Police investigating an overnight theft at the village’s water pumping station said 70 metres of roofing slate was taken.
It is suspected the culprits used a ladder to gather their haul and would have been at the scene for some time.
The theft occurred between 4.30pm on Monday and 7am on Tuesday last week.
Premises owner South West Water, told the Herald: “This theft has not affected the operation of the site or our network. Our sites are regularly checked by our operational and security staff and anyone found stealing will be prosecuted.”
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Police have appealed for witnesses and information over the incident and can be contacted on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/10/359.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary