Thieves raid Alfington church
THIEVES raided Alfington s church collection box on Sunday, but failed to take the contents of it safe-even though it was unlocked and its keys were on top of it.
THIEVES raided Alfington's church collection box on Sunday, but failed to take the contents of it safe-even though it was unlocked and its keys were on top of it.
Police said the criminals found the safe, in a private vestry of the church of St James and St Anne, and damaged it as they tried in vain to prize it open.
Despite their efforts, the offenders failed to notice the safe was unlocked and its keys were on top of it.
The thieves did make off with bank notes to the value of �10 from the church collection box, which was also damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Police have warned of a spate of church thefts throughout Devon, and asked anyone with information over the Alfington incident to contact them on 08452 777444, crime reference: KO-09-621.
- 1 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 4 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 5 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 6 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 7 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 8 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Town's garden competition effort judged