Third win in row for Sidmouth quiz team
The Walkie Talkies retain quiz shield in Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group annual quiz night
THERE has been a great start to its fundraising year by Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Its annual quiz night at Sidmouth Cricket Club raised �492 after 67 attended and the final result ending in a tie-break question.
Winning team were The Walkie Talkies who completed a hat trick by winning the quiz for the third year running.
The results were extremely close, with The Whisperers coming a close second and Numerically Challenged coming third.
You may also want to watch:
The group’s chairman, Joyce Burnham, presented the quiz shield to the winning team, together with six individual Easter eggs.
Second and third teams each won a box of Thornton’s chocolates.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
Joyce said: “Grateful thanks to Gill Hodge for the lovely hot supper and desserts, Neil Gambol for setting the questions and Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s for sponsoring the event.
“We would also thank The Radway Cinema, The Wine Shop, Card Cabin Thornton’s, Glenys Shaw, Len Bull, Co-Jo Embroidery and Otter Nurseries for donating some lovely prizes.”
She thanked Coles for selling the tickets on Macmillan’s behalf and for all the supporters who joined in the fun on the night.