Third win in row for Sidmouth quiz team
The Walkie Talkies retain quiz shield in Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group annual quiz night
THERE has been a great start to its fundraising year by Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Its annual quiz night at Sidmouth Cricket Club raised �492 after 67 attended and the final result ending in a tie-break question.
Winning team were The Walkie Talkies who completed a hat trick by winning the quiz for the third year running.
The results were extremely close, with The Whisperers coming a close second and Numerically Challenged coming third.
You may also want to watch:
The group’s chairman, Joyce Burnham, presented the quiz shield to the winning team, together with six individual Easter eggs.
Second and third teams each won a box of Thornton’s chocolates.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Joyce said: “Grateful thanks to Gill Hodge for the lovely hot supper and desserts, Neil Gambol for setting the questions and Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s for sponsoring the event.
“We would also thank The Radway Cinema, The Wine Shop, Card Cabin Thornton’s, Glenys Shaw, Len Bull, Co-Jo Embroidery and Otter Nurseries for donating some lovely prizes.”
She thanked Coles for selling the tickets on Macmillan’s behalf and for all the supporters who joined in the fun on the night.