Third win in row for Sidmouth quiz team
The Walkie Talkies retain quiz shield in Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group annual quiz night
THERE has been a great start to its fundraising year by Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Its annual quiz night at Sidmouth Cricket Club raised �492 after 67 attended and the final result ending in a tie-break question.
Winning team were The Walkie Talkies who completed a hat trick by winning the quiz for the third year running.
The results were extremely close, with The Whisperers coming a close second and Numerically Challenged coming third.
You may also want to watch:
The group’s chairman, Joyce Burnham, presented the quiz shield to the winning team, together with six individual Easter eggs.
Second and third teams each won a box of Thornton’s chocolates.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Joyce said: “Grateful thanks to Gill Hodge for the lovely hot supper and desserts, Neil Gambol for setting the questions and Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s for sponsoring the event.
“We would also thank The Radway Cinema, The Wine Shop, Card Cabin Thornton’s, Glenys Shaw, Len Bull, Co-Jo Embroidery and Otter Nurseries for donating some lovely prizes.”
She thanked Coles for selling the tickets on Macmillan’s behalf and for all the supporters who joined in the fun on the night.