Third win in row for Sidmouth quiz team
The Walkie Talkies retain quiz shield in Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group annual quiz night
THERE has been a great start to its fundraising year by Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Its annual quiz night at Sidmouth Cricket Club raised �492 after 67 attended and the final result ending in a tie-break question.
Winning team were The Walkie Talkies who completed a hat trick by winning the quiz for the third year running.
The results were extremely close, with The Whisperers coming a close second and Numerically Challenged coming third.
The group’s chairman, Joyce Burnham, presented the quiz shield to the winning team, together with six individual Easter eggs.
Second and third teams each won a box of Thornton’s chocolates.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Churchyards are peaceful havens for wildlife
- 3 Well done to jubilee party organisers - lets hope the weather holds
- 4 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 10 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
Joyce said: “Grateful thanks to Gill Hodge for the lovely hot supper and desserts, Neil Gambol for setting the questions and Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s for sponsoring the event.
“We would also thank The Radway Cinema, The Wine Shop, Card Cabin Thornton’s, Glenys Shaw, Len Bull, Co-Jo Embroidery and Otter Nurseries for donating some lovely prizes.”
She thanked Coles for selling the tickets on Macmillan’s behalf and for all the supporters who joined in the fun on the night.