Thirteenth year for Sidbury Fair fun run
Sidbury Fair run and walk is great for all the family say organisers
THE 13th Sidbury Fair Fun Run and Walk will take place on Sunday September 11, at 11.30am.
The annual event, sponsored by Sidbury farmers and landowners, is great for all the family, with two different courses to suit varying levels of ability and competitiveness, writes Gregory Carter.
Beginning at Sidbury village hall, there are two courses, measuring 2.75 miles or 1.43 miles.
Prizes will be awarded to the fastest to complete the run in each age category.
You may also want to watch:
Suitable footwear is recommended, as runners will encounter steep descents and slippery areas around the course.
The village hall and parish rooms provide changing facilities and refreshment bars after the walk.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
To compete, entrants can get registration forms from the Red Lion Inn, (01395) 507313, or Drews Butchers, (01395) 597373.
Runners can enter on the day but will incur an extra �1 charge on top of the entry fee. Race fees differ, according to age, to a maximum of �5 for adults.