Thirteenth year for Sidbury Fair fun run
Sidbury Fair run and walk is great for all the family say organisers
THE 13th Sidbury Fair Fun Run and Walk will take place on Sunday September 11, at 11.30am.
The annual event, sponsored by Sidbury farmers and landowners, is great for all the family, with two different courses to suit varying levels of ability and competitiveness, writes Gregory Carter.
Beginning at Sidbury village hall, there are two courses, measuring 2.75 miles or 1.43 miles.
Prizes will be awarded to the fastest to complete the run in each age category.
You may also want to watch:
Suitable footwear is recommended, as runners will encounter steep descents and slippery areas around the course.
The village hall and parish rooms provide changing facilities and refreshment bars after the walk.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
To compete, entrants can get registration forms from the Red Lion Inn, (01395) 507313, or Drews Butchers, (01395) 597373.
Runners can enter on the day but will incur an extra �1 charge on top of the entry fee. Race fees differ, according to age, to a maximum of �5 for adults.