Thousands enjoy sun and sea in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people flocked to Sidmouth to enjoy high temperatures and the beautiful sunshine this week.
The town’s busy weekend continued into Monday and Tuesday bringing in crowds of visitors from miles around to the area where temperatures reached highs of 22C.
Geoff Gale, from Bedford Lawn car park, estimated he had received thousands of people over the two days.
He said: “It has been hectic. I think it is by far one of the best summers we have had for a long time for our business.
“It has been manic.
You may also want to watch:
“The sunshine certainly brings everyone out.”
The Marine owner Phil Borrett said the sun made a hell of a difference to his business, which is on the seafront.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
“It is definitely double the normal amount of people we normally have on a weekday,” he added.