Three cheers for Branscombe!
THERE were cheers all round in Branscombe last week as the final summer variety show ended in style. Radio presenter Tony Beard, the Wag from Widecombe, was the last act of the fun-filled night, which also featured John and Jacqui Kitchener, Malcolm Vince
THERE were cheers all round in Branscombe last week as the final summer variety show ended in style.
Radio presenter Tony Beard, the Wag from Widecombe, was the last act of the fun-filled night, which also featured John and Jacqui Kitchener, Malcolm Vincent, Matt Johnson, Ed Hughes and the Steel Force band.
There was a fantastic turn out and more than �1,100 was raised for a host of charities.
Devon Air Ambulance and Seaton Hospital League of Friends both received cheques for �450 and �270 was given to St Winifred's Church Comforts Fund, raised through raffle donations.
You may also want to watch:
Edwin Purchase, an organiser, said: "The evening was a great success and was comparable to the previous week."
Over a period of three weeks and three performances more than �3,500 was raised for charity-and since the variety nights first started an impressive �100,000 has been given away to good causes.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
The next variety night-a Christmas special- will take place on Thursday, December 10 and half the tickets have already been snapped up.
To ensure your place at the extravaganza, buy your tickets (�6) from Branscombe Post Office. Supper is an extra charge.