Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- Credit: Devon and Cornwall Police
Three designer handbags worth a total of £4,500 have been stolen in a burglary at a shop in Sidmouth.
The shop in Old Fore Street, which hasn’t been named by the police, was broken into between 2.30am and 3am on Friday, October 8.
The burglar forced their way in and took the handbags from a display cabinet.
Police have released a description of the suspect and are appealing for any information.
He was a white man with a stocky build, wearing black trousers and a grey hooded coat.
He had a snood around his neck and wore a baseball cap.
Police would like to hear from anyone with information about the burglary, or anyone who has been offered the stolen handbags for sale.
They can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 101, quoting crime reference CR/087734/21.
Information can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555111, or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community