Three people rushed to hospital after serious crash on Sidmouth Road
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been rushed to hospital, one in an air ambulance, after a serious crash on the Sidmouth Road.
Emergency services were called at around 3.35pm today (Tuesday) to reports of a crash involving two vehicles on the A3052 near Woodbury.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said four engines were sent to the scene where two cars had been involved in a road traffic collision.
He added that two women were left trapped in two cars and were freed by firefighters.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokeswoman said a woman in her 50s had been taken to Derriford Hospital, in Plymouth, by air ambulance and that localised road closures had been put in place.
You may also want to watch:
Two others were taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
An ambulance spokeswoman said they could not release details of the injuries sustained at this time, but they are believed to be serious.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
Drivers have been asked to use an alternative route if possible.