Three Rs campaigners stage picnic in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners are staging a ‘sit down, not a sit-in’ for anyone who supports their alternative plan for Port Royal.
A grand picnic will be held on the Ham from 1pm to 4pm tomorrow (Sunday, August 27).
It follows a public meeting when members of the ‘Three Rs’ campaign called for the site’s existing buildings to be retained, refurbished and reused.
A spokesman said: “After long years of neglect, a decision for what should be done at the eastern end of Sidmouth seafront is imminent – it could be taken in October.
“Four of our local representatives at East Devon District Council - councillors Cathy Gardner, Matt Booth, Marianne Rixson and Dawn Manley – want to help us make sure the redevelopment plan is the right one.”
You may also want to watch:
Information will be available at the weather-dependent picnic for anyone who was unable to attend Wednesday’s public meeting in All Saints Church Hall.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge