Thriller writer Robert Goddard at Kennaway House in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Contemporary suspense writer Robert Goddard presents his latest novel this Thursday, May 3 at another of the Kennaway House ‘Meet the Author’ events.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start with tickets costing £13 to include a glass of wine. Tickets are available from the Kennaway House office.
Robert Goddard’s new book is called ‘Panic Room’ and is a ‘nerve-shredding’ thriller.
It tells the story of Blake, a young woman of dubious and secretive background who is house-sitting in a vast otherwise uninhabited mansion high on the Cornish cliffs.
The house has a ‘panic room’, steel-lined and impregnable that even she doesn’t know is there. She’s too busy running from something she thinks she’s escaped.
You may also want to watch:
But her remote existence is invaded when people come looking for the house’s owner, a missing rogue pharma entrepreneur.
Robert Goddard has been writing thrillers for 30 years and will be sharing some of his writing secrets at the Kennaway House event.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again