Tickets on sale for charity Cinerama screening
- Credit: Archant
Another classic Cinerama film will be shown in aid of charity next weekend.
Mike Edgecumbe is erecting his giant, curved omniscope screen and stereophonic sound equipment in the Methodist Hall for two screenings of Russian Adventure.
The documentary was narrated by Bing Crosby and was photographed over an eight-year period by Russia’s top filmakers.
This grand travelogue of Russia includes scenes of Moscow, the Black Sea and antelope round-ups.
Tickets are available from Paragon Books and cost £6 for adults and £3 for under 16s. They will also be available on the door and proceeds will be donated to the Sid Valley Memory Café and the Admiral Nurse Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The film will be screened on Saturday, March 17, at 2.15pm, and again at 7.15pm.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start