Tickets running out quickly for concert in aid of Sidmouth Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A concert featuring an orchestra made up of 70 members from across the South West will be held in aid of Sidmouth Hospiscare.
Around 70 per cent of the 250 available tickets have already been sold for the show being held at Sidmouth’s Parish Church, in Church Lane, tomorrow (Saturday).
Led by Antony Clements, the Isca Ensemble will take to the stage with a program of well-known music from the German composer Brahms.
The orchestra will also be joined by a new Russian violinist - Oxana Militsina who arrived last week and was trained at the famous Moscow Conservatoire.
Conducter Roger Hendy said: “Oxana is a great acquisition to the orchestra and will be joined by soloists Emmanuel Bach, who is a young extremely talented violinist from London – he is back by popular demand for his fourth visit to Sidmouth.”
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets are between £11 and £14 while students are £5.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time