Not all Tickety-Boo – owner reveals reason for sudden closure
- Credit: Archant
A popular children’s play area has closed.
'Continuing negativity' has been cited by the owner in response to questions about the closure of a play area in Ottery.
Tickety-Boo, in Ottery St Mary, announced its Play Kingdom would be closed permanently on Saturday (October 5).
The coffee shop will remain open and owner Stuart Phillip says he is looking to develop the business to offer dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Mr Phillips said: "I put my heart and soul into the Play Kingdom and invested a lot of money, including refurbishing the whole play area this year.
You may also want to watch:
"Unfortunately, although we have welcomed lots of really lovely customers and their families to enjoy playtime at Tickety-Boo, there has also been some continuing negativity and a handful of people who didn't understand the concept.
"The play kingdom was never a money making project for me, in fact quite the opposite - but it was a joy to do while it was fun. I'm in talks at the moment so there may well be a future for it, which will be a great outcome as it was so beautifully built by local tradespeople.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
"This decision hasn't affected our staff who are employed at Tickety-Boo as before - the coffee shop remains open as usual and we're developing this to offer family dining on Friday and Saturday evenings. As always, thank you to everyone who has been supportive."
The company made the announcement on its Facebook page.
It said: "Business announcement: the Tickety-Boo Play Kingdom is now permanently closed. The coffee shop is still open as usual."