Not all Tickety-Boo – owner reveals reason for sudden closure
- Credit: Archant
A popular children’s play area has closed.
'Continuing negativity' has been cited by the owner in response to questions about the closure of a play area in Ottery.
Tickety-Boo, in Ottery St Mary, announced its Play Kingdom would be closed permanently on Saturday (October 5).
The coffee shop will remain open and owner Stuart Phillip says he is looking to develop the business to offer dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Mr Phillips said: "I put my heart and soul into the Play Kingdom and invested a lot of money, including refurbishing the whole play area this year.
You may also want to watch:
"Unfortunately, although we have welcomed lots of really lovely customers and their families to enjoy playtime at Tickety-Boo, there has also been some continuing negativity and a handful of people who didn't understand the concept.
"The play kingdom was never a money making project for me, in fact quite the opposite - but it was a joy to do while it was fun. I'm in talks at the moment so there may well be a future for it, which will be a great outcome as it was so beautifully built by local tradespeople.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
"This decision hasn't affected our staff who are employed at Tickety-Boo as before - the coffee shop remains open as usual and we're developing this to offer family dining on Friday and Saturday evenings. As always, thank you to everyone who has been supportive."
The company made the announcement on its Facebook page.
It said: "Business announcement: the Tickety-Boo Play Kingdom is now permanently closed. The coffee shop is still open as usual."