Timings revealed for Red Arrows display at Sidmouth Regatta
- Credit: Archant
The timings have been revealed for a very special flyover in Sidmouth’s airspace this summer to kick off the regatta weekend.
Town clerk Christopher Holland said the three Battle of Britain Memorial Flight aircraft are coming exactly when the town council hoped – at 6pm on Friday, August 25.
The display, featuring a newly refurbished Lancaster and two Spitfires, is set to last 15 to 20 minutes.
Once the airspace has been declared safe, at around 6.30pm, the Red Arrows will take to the skies, again for around 20 minutes.
Organisers are hoping to amass a 100-strong ‘army’ of bucket collectors to line the seafront to help ensure the display returns next year.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Sidmouth Town Council to volunteer by calling 01395 512424.
Sidmouth Regatta is on Saturday, August 26, and Sunday, August 27, and will also feature a candlelit dinner party in street organised by the chamber of commerce.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again