Tipton fete raised �3.5k for church
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John s village church.
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John's village church.
The sun shone on the St John the Evangelist church fete, which proved a hit with villagers and visitors as it beat off a drizzly start to the day to secure the vital cash boost.
The event is the church's main fundraiser of the year.
Church warden Lizzi Steel said: "It was a very good day, lots of people came out and we are very thankful to them for their generosity."
You may also want to watch:
The fete featured barbecue lunches, cream teas, a bouncy castle and mini steam engine rides as well as stalls and side-shows.
A 'splat the rat' stall, and book and plant sales were among other highlights.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Wheels fall off for Tipton
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer