Tipton fete raised �3.5k for church
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John s village church.
A DAY of family fun on bank holiday Monday raised �3,500 for Tipton St John's village church.
The sun shone on the St John the Evangelist church fete, which proved a hit with villagers and visitors as it beat off a drizzly start to the day to secure the vital cash boost.
The event is the church's main fundraiser of the year.
Church warden Lizzi Steel said: "It was a very good day, lots of people came out and we are very thankful to them for their generosity."
You may also want to watch:
The fete featured barbecue lunches, cream teas, a bouncy castle and mini steam engine rides as well as stalls and side-shows.
A 'splat the rat' stall, and book and plant sales were among other highlights.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98