Tipton Players Remember Roy with �2k for Marie Curie
TIPTON St John Players raised a whopping �2,100 for Marie Curie Cancer Care with a sell-out run of variety shows in memory of their late president Roy Critchfield.
More than 300 people turned up over three nights to enjoy Remember Roy in the village’s community hall.
Popular Roy died of cancer last September.
Nearly three-quarters of the cash, �1,500, will help support Roy’s daughter Hayley on an epic fundraising trek for Marie Curie in Jordan in October.
The �600 remainder will go directly to Marie Curie nurses in Devon.
The players expressed their delight at the support given to them.
Joint-organiser Ann Knight said: “Everyone had a fantastic time and the event was a great success. It was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate Roy, and we thank everyone who played a part in making it such a great tribute. We are delighted to have raised so much to help Marie Curie nurses continue their work as they provided such great care to Roy and his family”.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 4 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 5 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 6 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 7 The sky's the limit as parachute jump raises £2,426 for Hospiscare
- 8 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 9 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 10 Care home welcomes town council chairman during 'Wimbledon' afternoon
Marie Curie community fundraiser Michelle Mahdon said “We would like to say a huge thank you to all those involved in making this event such a success and raising a wonderful amount. Every event like this, no matter how big or small, makes such a difference to our work.”
Marie Curie provides free high quality nursing to give the terminally ill the choice of dying at home, supported by their families.
For more information on arranging an event for Marie Curie Cancer Care contact Michelle on 01884 703535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org