Tipton Players Remember Roy with �2k for Marie Curie
TIPTON St John Players raised a whopping �2,100 for Marie Curie Cancer Care with a sell-out run of variety shows in memory of their late president Roy Critchfield.
More than 300 people turned up over three nights to enjoy Remember Roy in the village’s community hall.
Popular Roy died of cancer last September.
Nearly three-quarters of the cash, �1,500, will help support Roy’s daughter Hayley on an epic fundraising trek for Marie Curie in Jordan in October.
The �600 remainder will go directly to Marie Curie nurses in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
The players expressed their delight at the support given to them.
Joint-organiser Ann Knight said: “Everyone had a fantastic time and the event was a great success. It was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate Roy, and we thank everyone who played a part in making it such a great tribute. We are delighted to have raised so much to help Marie Curie nurses continue their work as they provided such great care to Roy and his family”.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Marie Curie community fundraiser Michelle Mahdon said “We would like to say a huge thank you to all those involved in making this event such a success and raising a wonderful amount. Every event like this, no matter how big or small, makes such a difference to our work.”
Marie Curie provides free high quality nursing to give the terminally ill the choice of dying at home, supported by their families.
For more information on arranging an event for Marie Curie Cancer Care contact Michelle on 01884 703535 or at email@example.com