£90k play area officially opened by Tipton children
- Credit: Archant
A new £90,000 play area was officially opened with the help of Tipton children this week.
It comes after a two-year fundraising effort that was launched in a bid to replace rotting equipment not fit for purpose.
Members of the Tipton St John Playing Field Association were joined by a class of Tipton School pupils and staff for the special ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday, January 13.
David Birch, chairman of the association, said: "We spoke to this class a year ago and asked what they would have liked to see in the play area so when we went back yesterday and asked if it had met their expectations they seemed very pleased with it.
"We are delighted.
You may also want to watch:
"Everybody has worked so hard on it and it is so rewarding to see that effort fulfilled thanks to the donations and grants made and it seems to be getting a lot of use which is great."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead