Tipton St John pupils enjoy sports week
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John Primary School pupils showed off their athleticism after participating in a week of sporting activities.
Youngsters in Key Stage Two tackled two different disciplines at the start of the week with tasters in taekwondo and American football.
The whole school came together for a dance and aerobics session and in a separate event, years five and six led the activities for pupils in year one and two.
The school had to cancel its planned sports day due to the weather but instead the pupils learnt about healthy eating and were encouraged to try and range of unusual fruit and vegetables.
To finish off the week, all of the youngsters got on their bikes for wheely day.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Richard Hatswell, organiser of the event, said: “All the sport must have done years five and six good as they won the local learning community netball competition the following week.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles