Toilets in Sidmouth closed for refurbishment and other news
Public toilets at the Three Cornered Plot in Sidmouth will be shut until December 14 so they can be refurbished. Read this and more.
LOOS SHUT: Public toilets at the Three Cornered Plot in Sidmouth will be shut until December 14 so they can be refurbished.
Improvements inside the block, which was closed on November 5, will include new sanitary ware, provision of automated hand washing units and new wall and floor finishes.
GENEROUS DEVON: Research by anti-poverty charity ActionAid has revealed Devon is among the top 20 most generous parts of the UK.
You may also want to watch:
People from the county are “phenomenally generous” according to the cause - sponsoring 1,132 children in poverty across Africa, Asia and the Americas in 2012 alone.
Devon ranked 13th with Surrey taking top spot.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
BEACH CLEAN: A group campaigning for better beach quality has organised a clean-up on Sidmouth seafront this weekend.
Surfers Against Sewage will meet at 11am on Sunday and are looking for volunteers to help out with its autumn beach clean.
They aim to protect some of the UK’s most treasured surfing spots and beaches, and are working with the Crown Estate to organise a series of community events across the country to tackle the growing problem of marine litter.
Sunday’s clean-up will last for two hours, for more information call 01872 55953.
HOSPISCARE: The deadline is fast approaching for residents to register their views on the future of Sidmouth Hospiscare. All questionnaires need to be in by Friday, November 23.