Toilets in Sidmouth closed for refurbishment and other news
Public toilets at the Three Cornered Plot in Sidmouth will be shut until December 14 so they can be refurbished. Read this and more.
LOOS SHUT: Public toilets at the Three Cornered Plot in Sidmouth will be shut until December 14 so they can be refurbished.
Improvements inside the block, which was closed on November 5, will include new sanitary ware, provision of automated hand washing units and new wall and floor finishes.
GENEROUS DEVON: Research by anti-poverty charity ActionAid has revealed Devon is among the top 20 most generous parts of the UK.
People from the county are “phenomenally generous” according to the cause - sponsoring 1,132 children in poverty across Africa, Asia and the Americas in 2012 alone.
Devon ranked 13th with Surrey taking top spot.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers
BEACH CLEAN: A group campaigning for better beach quality has organised a clean-up on Sidmouth seafront this weekend.
Surfers Against Sewage will meet at 11am on Sunday and are looking for volunteers to help out with its autumn beach clean.
They aim to protect some of the UK’s most treasured surfing spots and beaches, and are working with the Crown Estate to organise a series of community events across the country to tackle the growing problem of marine litter.
Sunday’s clean-up will last for two hours, for more information call 01872 55953.
HOSPISCARE: The deadline is fast approaching for residents to register their views on the future of Sidmouth Hospiscare. All questionnaires need to be in by Friday, November 23.