Tom takes a walk on the WILD side in search of beavers
- Credit: Archant
A family of beavers living on the River Otter will make an appearance on the small screen this weekend as part of a popular children’s wildlife show.
Ottery-based environmental scientist, Tom Buckley, is also set to feature in the episode of CBBC’s WILD - due to air tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
A camera crew spent a day filming just outside the town as Tom and presenter Naomi Wilkinson searched for evidence of the animals.
The pair’s adventure down the River Otter will feature as part of the show.
WILD producer Alex Griffiths said: “The idea was to film them as they looked for signs of the beavers while canoeing down the river.
You may also want to watch:
“We hoped they’d at least find some evidence like trees that had been eaten away, but they ended up seeing much more than that!”
The show will be broadcast live between 9am and 10am on CBBC.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth