Tom takes a walk on the WILD side in search of beavers
- Credit: Archant
A family of beavers living on the River Otter will make an appearance on the small screen this weekend as part of a popular children’s wildlife show.
Ottery-based environmental scientist, Tom Buckley, is also set to feature in the episode of CBBC’s WILD - due to air tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
A camera crew spent a day filming just outside the town as Tom and presenter Naomi Wilkinson searched for evidence of the animals.
The pair’s adventure down the River Otter will feature as part of the show.
WILD producer Alex Griffiths said: “The idea was to film them as they looked for signs of the beavers while canoeing down the river.
You may also want to watch:
“We hoped they’d at least find some evidence like trees that had been eaten away, but they ended up seeing much more than that!”
The show will be broadcast live between 9am and 10am on CBBC.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view