Top marks for Sidmouth floral arrangements
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club holds annual show
THE theme of this year’s annual competitive show by Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club, held at All Saints Church Hall on the July 7/8, was All Kinds of Everything.
There were 29 entries in nine classes, judged by Margaret Moorhead, NAFAS judge for Devon and Cornwall.
She commented on the very high standard and thought exhibits were imaginative and exciting.
There were more entries than in previous years and arrangements were varied and colourful, drawing many compliments from visitors and other club members.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Cecily Cook said: “The standard was very high, with entries ranging from the popular miniatures and petites to the wonders of Neptune’s Garden, from which class best in show and best use of colour trophies were awarded.”
Many local businesses donated tombola prizes, said a grateful Mrs Cook.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
Helpers were also thanked and home-made lunches proved a popular attraction, together with a plant stall and delicious home-made cakes.
A donation will be made to the Starlight Children’s Foundation.