Top marks for Sidmouth floral arrangements
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club holds annual show
THE theme of this year’s annual competitive show by Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club, held at All Saints Church Hall on the July 7/8, was All Kinds of Everything.
There were 29 entries in nine classes, judged by Margaret Moorhead, NAFAS judge for Devon and Cornwall.
She commented on the very high standard and thought exhibits were imaginative and exciting.
There were more entries than in previous years and arrangements were varied and colourful, drawing many compliments from visitors and other club members.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Cecily Cook said: “The standard was very high, with entries ranging from the popular miniatures and petites to the wonders of Neptune’s Garden, from which class best in show and best use of colour trophies were awarded.”
Many local businesses donated tombola prizes, said a grateful Mrs Cook.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 5 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
Helpers were also thanked and home-made lunches proved a popular attraction, together with a plant stall and delicious home-made cakes.
A donation will be made to the Starlight Children’s Foundation.