Top marks for Sidmouth floral arrangements
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club holds annual show
THE theme of this year’s annual competitive show by Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club, held at All Saints Church Hall on the July 7/8, was All Kinds of Everything.
There were 29 entries in nine classes, judged by Margaret Moorhead, NAFAS judge for Devon and Cornwall.
She commented on the very high standard and thought exhibits were imaginative and exciting.
There were more entries than in previous years and arrangements were varied and colourful, drawing many compliments from visitors and other club members.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Cecily Cook said: “The standard was very high, with entries ranging from the popular miniatures and petites to the wonders of Neptune’s Garden, from which class best in show and best use of colour trophies were awarded.”
Many local businesses donated tombola prizes, said a grateful Mrs Cook.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Helpers were also thanked and home-made lunches proved a popular attraction, together with a plant stall and delicious home-made cakes.
A donation will be made to the Starlight Children’s Foundation.