Top pony club names gather in Sidford to honour Anne
- Credit: Archant
Past and present Sid Valley members of a pony club, including Olympian Mary King, turned out to give their mentor of 30 years a fitting send-off.
To mark the retirement of district commissioner Anne Roberts, a surprise tribute was arranged at the Axe Vale Hunt branch of the Pony Club’s annual general meeting.
Top pony club bosses and equestrian names, including rising star Emily King, 18, and her Olympic silver medallist mum Mary, gathered at the Blue Ball in Sidford to honour Anne’s work.
Club secretary Karen Bostock said Anne was really pleased.
“The chairman of the pony club, Mary Tuckett, travelled all the way down from Berkshire to give a talk and presentation to Anne,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Former club members Mary and Emily stayed on to give a talk to the club.
Mary also handed out awards to club youngsters, as she does each year.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall