Top pony club names gather in Sidford to honour Anne
- Credit: Archant
Past and present Sid Valley members of a pony club, including Olympian Mary King, turned out to give their mentor of 30 years a fitting send-off.
To mark the retirement of district commissioner Anne Roberts, a surprise tribute was arranged at the Axe Vale Hunt branch of the Pony Club’s annual general meeting.
Top pony club bosses and equestrian names, including rising star Emily King, 18, and her Olympic silver medallist mum Mary, gathered at the Blue Ball in Sidford to honour Anne’s work.
Club secretary Karen Bostock said Anne was really pleased.
“The chairman of the pony club, Mary Tuckett, travelled all the way down from Berkshire to give a talk and presentation to Anne,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Former club members Mary and Emily stayed on to give a talk to the club.
Mary also handed out awards to club youngsters, as she does each year.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future