Top shearers compete in Newton Poppleford
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon s late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon's late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
Devon County Show is putting on the spectacle at Ashtree Farm, on Sunday, August 30, with competitions starting at 9am.
Aimed at young and old alike, top shearers, who take less than a minute to shear a sheep, attend the event, which is free.
The pace is slower, but no less exciting in the One Man and His Dog style sheep trails, where the skill and relationship between handler and dog is put to the test.
You may also want to watch:
The event possible by permission of Clinton Devon Estates, which owns the farm.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 9 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth