Top shearers compete in Newton Poppleford
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon s late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
LAMB shearing competitions and dog trails will be the highlight of Devon's late summer farming calendar at Newton Poppleford later this month.
Devon County Show is putting on the spectacle at Ashtree Farm, on Sunday, August 30, with competitions starting at 9am.
Aimed at young and old alike, top shearers, who take less than a minute to shear a sheep, attend the event, which is free.
The pace is slower, but no less exciting in the One Man and His Dog style sheep trails, where the skill and relationship between handler and dog is put to the test.
You may also want to watch:
The event possible by permission of Clinton Devon Estates, which owns the farm.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts