Tots star in ‘world of make-believe’ photos
- Credit: Archant
A magical photo competition held by a Sidmouth business had a fairytale outcome for charity, after it netted £300.
Willow Photographic Studio raised the money for Dream-A-Way by recreating the Fairy Experience, a nationwide event for children up to 12 years of age.
The competition ran across four days in November and saw children choose from a range of homemade costumes and props before posing for the camera.
Due to the success of the event, studio owner Lydia Baker wants to run similar events for different charities.
She said: “It’s everything little girls and boys wanted. They were in a world of make-believe.”
You may also want to watch:
The winning photos were of six-month-old Rory Harding, two-year-old Raven Hopkins, and the Woodland sisters. They were chosen by Anita Mason, the founder of the Fairy Experience.
Anita judged 50 snaps before selecting her top three. The winners will receive a special print of their winning image.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
She said of Rory: “This little chap has the most mesmerising eyes, you can’t help but be drawn into the picture - what a cutie. Love the reflection in the mirror. Something has definitely caught his attention and it seems that he is looking back at you.”
Two-year-old Raven won over the judge with her classical look.
Anita said: “Just stunning. This shows you don’t have to be looking into the camera to be a winning picture. The baby fawn has obviously caught her attention whilst crossing the bridge, so natural.”
She found the final image of the Woodland sisters enthralling, and added: “This looks so natural and relaxed, you just want to join them.”
Due to the success of the event, Willow Photographic studio is now running a similar competition, based on the smash-hit film Frozen, on Saturday, February 7 and Sunday, February 8.