Tour-iffic news! Race day arrives in Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of spectators expected to line streets for Tour of Britain
Spectators, bikes and banners are lining the streets of Ottery today (Friday) ready to host the Tour of Britain for the first time ever.
Excitement reached fever pitch this week as the town prepared to welcome the world’s top riders, including Olympic champion Sir Bradley Wiggins and silver medallist Mark Cavendish.
The event is expected to attract thousands of spectators, showcase the town to a global TV audience and give trade a ‘big boost’.
A whole host of activities has been running to mark the occasion and eateries across the town will be serving up the ‘Big Ottery Breakfast’ before the race.
You may also want to watch:
Helping hands from a broad section of the community have helped to get the town race-ready.
See www.sidmouthherald.co.uk for photos and live coverage.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown