Tour-iffic news! Race day arrives in Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of spectators expected to line streets for Tour of Britain
Spectators, bikes and banners are lining the streets of Ottery today (Friday) ready to host the Tour of Britain for the first time ever.
Excitement reached fever pitch this week as the town prepared to welcome the world’s top riders, including Olympic champion Sir Bradley Wiggins and silver medallist Mark Cavendish.
The event is expected to attract thousands of spectators, showcase the town to a global TV audience and give trade a ‘big boost’.
A whole host of activities has been running to mark the occasion and eateries across the town will be serving up the ‘Big Ottery Breakfast’ before the race.
You may also want to watch:
Helping hands from a broad section of the community have helped to get the town race-ready.
See www.sidmouthherald.co.uk for photos and live coverage.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory