Tour of Britain road closures in Sidmouth revealed
- Credit: Archant
ROAD closures have been revealed for when Sidmouth hosts the Devon stage of the Tour of Britain next week.
A host of streets will be shut for the spectacle next Friday, September 20, and the evening before.
On-street parking will also be effected.
Thursday, September 19, will see 15 town-centre closures from 5pm to 8pm so a criterion cycle race, organised by the Sid Valley Cycle Club, can take place.
Affected places include The Esplanade, Station Road from Fortfield Terrace to the seafront, Chapel Road, Chapel Street, Prospect Place, Dove Lane, New Street, Fore Street, Russell Street, Ham Lane and York Street.
You may also want to watch:
Mill Street, High Street, from Blackmore Drive to Fore Street, Old Fore Street and Church Street will also be closed.
Bus and vehicle access to the Bedford Lawn car park will be permitted up to 6pm.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
On-street parking will be suspended from 4pm in many of the above locations.
Scores of the planet’s top riders will be in town on September 20 and road closures will be in place from 5am to 1pm in Peak Hill Road, The Esplanade, Station Road, Prospect Place, Dove Lane, Fore Street and Ham Lane.
Access will be permitted to the Bedford Lawn Car Park.
Fore Street and High Street, to All Saints Road, will be closed to vehicles from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
The A375, from All Saints Road towards Sidbury, will be the subject of a rolling closure - which means stretches will only be shut to vehicles for the period it takes for the race to pass through.
On-street parking will be suspended from 5am to 1pm on The Esplanade and in Glen Road, Station Road, High Street, Fore Street, Old Fore Street, New Street and Vicarage Road.