Town band and choir to unite in Sidmouth for St George
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Band and Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir will join forces for what promises to be a real celebration of England’s patron saint St George.
A concert will take place on Tuesday, April 23, at Sidmouth Parish Church at 7.30pm.
William Walton, Elgar, Noel Coward and even Henry VIII are among the composers featuring in the bands’ programme for the evening.
Whilst the choir will be singing favourite numbers from their repertoire, including the Fishermen of England and Glorious Devon, plus one song not sung by them for a long time - which was a number one hit in the 1970s.
There will also be members of the choir and band reading parts from some well known English prose.
You may also want to watch:
The audience will be invited to participate as well - and with song sheets being supplied there will be no excuse for not joining in.
Although St George is England’s Patron Saint, all are welcome to attend. Tickets (£7.50) are available from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre, Paragon Books or on the door.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank