Town band and choir to unite in Sidmouth for St George
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Band and Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir will join forces for what promises to be a real celebration of England’s patron saint St George.
A concert will take place on Tuesday, April 23, at Sidmouth Parish Church at 7.30pm.
William Walton, Elgar, Noel Coward and even Henry VIII are among the composers featuring in the bands’ programme for the evening.
Whilst the choir will be singing favourite numbers from their repertoire, including the Fishermen of England and Glorious Devon, plus one song not sung by them for a long time - which was a number one hit in the 1970s.
There will also be members of the choir and band reading parts from some well known English prose.
You may also want to watch:
The audience will be invited to participate as well - and with song sheets being supplied there will be no excuse for not joining in.
Although St George is England’s Patron Saint, all are welcome to attend. Tickets (£7.50) are available from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre, Paragon Books or on the door.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability