Town band and choir to unite in Sidmouth for St George
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Band and Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir will join forces for what promises to be a real celebration of England’s patron saint St George.
A concert will take place on Tuesday, April 23, at Sidmouth Parish Church at 7.30pm.
William Walton, Elgar, Noel Coward and even Henry VIII are among the composers featuring in the bands’ programme for the evening.
Whilst the choir will be singing favourite numbers from their repertoire, including the Fishermen of England and Glorious Devon, plus one song not sung by them for a long time - which was a number one hit in the 1970s.
There will also be members of the choir and band reading parts from some well known English prose.
You may also want to watch:
The audience will be invited to participate as well - and with song sheets being supplied there will be no excuse for not joining in.
Although St George is England’s Patron Saint, all are welcome to attend. Tickets (£7.50) are available from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre, Paragon Books or on the door.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season