‘Superb’ new Visit Sidmouth website promotes the town to visitors
- Credit: Archant
A revamped website promoting Sidmouth to visitors has been welcomed by the town council.
The site, a key part of the council’s project to promote the town, features five new films showcasing Sidmouth and its surroundings, with the message that it is a place to ‘relax, recharge and revive’.
Visitors to the site can see live webcam streams of Jacob’s Ladder beach, the Esplanade and Port Royal.
They can also book accommodation through the site.
Cllr Louise Cole, who chairs the tourism and economy committee, gave a short presentation about the website at the town council’s meeting on Monday, August 10.
You may also want to watch:
She told councillors the site had been viewed more than 24,000 times during the first weekend of August.
Cllr Marianne Rixson described the new-look website as ‘absolutely superb’.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
She said: “I think it’s achieving our objective, and as a former marketeer myself I think this is really quite stunning.”
The website will be launched publicly on Monday, September 7, but is already live online and is also in a prominent position on the main Visit Devon site.
Take a look at it here