Toy gun danger warning
A NUMBER of potentially dangerous toy laser guns, on sale in Devon, have been seized by Devon County Council s Trading Standards Services. Now they are urging anyone who has bought the �10 toy - TD-2007 Super Action Toy Gun, in black and yellow packaging
A NUMBER of potentially dangerous toy laser guns, on sale in Devon, have been seized by Devon County Council's Trading Standards Services.
Now they are urging anyone who has bought the �10 toy - TD-2007 Super Action Toy Gun, in black and yellow packaging marked with a CE safety mark - to take it away from their child, remove the batteries and contact Trading Standards officers on (01392) 381381.
Investigations show the guns appear to be identical to ones tested by Suffolk Trading Standards recently that were found to contain a laser that was more than 17 times stronger than the legal limit for a toy.
Samples of the guns are being submitted for test.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roger Croad, cabinet member responsible for Devon County Council Trading Standards Service said: "The laser guns, which were found by Trading Standards officers during a routine shop visit, have been removed from sale whilst further tests are carried out.
"We are concerned that a number have already been sold to Devon consumers and are issuing this warning to retailers parents and carers to avoid any potential injury to local children".
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Anyone wanting advice about unsafe consumer goods and services generally can phone consumer direct on (08454) 040506.