Toy gun danger warning
A NUMBER of potentially dangerous toy laser guns, on sale in Devon, have been seized by Devon County Council s Trading Standards Services. Now they are urging anyone who has bought the �10 toy - TD-2007 Super Action Toy Gun, in black and yellow packaging
A NUMBER of potentially dangerous toy laser guns, on sale in Devon, have been seized by Devon County Council's Trading Standards Services.
Now they are urging anyone who has bought the �10 toy - TD-2007 Super Action Toy Gun, in black and yellow packaging marked with a CE safety mark - to take it away from their child, remove the batteries and contact Trading Standards officers on (01392) 381381.
Investigations show the guns appear to be identical to ones tested by Suffolk Trading Standards recently that were found to contain a laser that was more than 17 times stronger than the legal limit for a toy.
Samples of the guns are being submitted for test.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roger Croad, cabinet member responsible for Devon County Council Trading Standards Service said: "The laser guns, which were found by Trading Standards officers during a routine shop visit, have been removed from sale whilst further tests are carried out.
"We are concerned that a number have already been sold to Devon consumers and are issuing this warning to retailers parents and carers to avoid any potential injury to local children".
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
Anyone wanting advice about unsafe consumer goods and services generally can phone consumer direct on (08454) 040506.