Tractor stolen from Sidmouth’s Donkey Sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Sidmouth’s Donkey Sanctuary were ‘incredibly sad’ to discover one of its tractors was stolen at the weekend.
Police are investigating the theft of the John Deere 6220 Loader Tractor, registration number WA06 FVO, which was taken between 3.30pm on Saturday, November 25, and 9am the following morning.
The vehicle has a bucket on the front and a new scraper on the back.
Annie Brown, the charity’s interim director of rescue and rehoming said: “We’re incredibly sad that someone has chosen to target the Donkey Sanctuary – our charity provides vital care to rescued donkey and relies entirely on donations from members of the public.
“We will ensure that the welfare of our donkeys is not affected by this theft, but it does mean that our teams will be under a great deal of unexpected pressure to keep the farm running smoothly, especially at this time of the year when we’re using the tractor to transport the donkeys’ feed and bedding to them every day.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody that has information regarding the stolen tractor is urged to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 101 quoting the crime number CR/102901/17.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead