Traditional English fare for visitors to Sidmouth and more news
Swiss students visiting Sidmouth could be treated to a fish and chip supper thanks to a �220 grant from the town council. Read this and more.
SWISS AND CHIPS: Swiss students visiting Sidmouth could be treated to a fish and chip supper thanks to a �220 grant from the town council.
Civic leaders received a letter from Sidmouth College stating students from Le Locle will be visiting the town for a week from March 12.
The college requested the council sponsor an event during their stay - and suggested a fish and chip supper for 36 students would cost �220. Councillors unanimously agreed to a grant for that amount.
FREE TRAINING: Community volunteers are being sought to lend a hand with events and clubs.
The district council’s Switch project is offering free training in first aid, parachute games, circus skills and face painting.
Helping gives volunteers certificates and references to assist with employment, the council added. For information, contact Victoria Robinson on 01395 516551 or Polly Anderson on 01395 516551.
- 1 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Arrows flying straight in the Sidmouth Darts League
- 3 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 4 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 5 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 6 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 Rugby round-up from the East Devon region
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
FASTER BROADBAND CAPAIGN: Residents across East Devon have been registering their pleas for superfast broadband services. The Connecting Devon and Somerset Superfast Broadband campaign has received more than 2,500 responses since launching on February 6.
PAMPER: Essential Pamper Awareness Evening for Hospicecare, with taster sessions, will be held at Stowford Community Centre, Stowford Rise, 7pm on Friday, March 23. Tickets, �10, from 07979 694562 or 07593 295239. Places limited.