Traditional English fare for visitors to Sidmouth and more news
Swiss students visiting Sidmouth could be treated to a fish and chip supper thanks to a �220 grant from the town council. Read this and more.
SWISS AND CHIPS: Swiss students visiting Sidmouth could be treated to a fish and chip supper thanks to a �220 grant from the town council.
Civic leaders received a letter from Sidmouth College stating students from Le Locle will be visiting the town for a week from March 12.
The college requested the council sponsor an event during their stay - and suggested a fish and chip supper for 36 students would cost �220. Councillors unanimously agreed to a grant for that amount.
FREE TRAINING: Community volunteers are being sought to lend a hand with events and clubs.
You may also want to watch:
The district council’s Switch project is offering free training in first aid, parachute games, circus skills and face painting.
Helping gives volunteers certificates and references to assist with employment, the council added. For information, contact Victoria Robinson on 01395 516551 or Polly Anderson on 01395 516551.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
FASTER BROADBAND CAPAIGN: Residents across East Devon have been registering their pleas for superfast broadband services. The Connecting Devon and Somerset Superfast Broadband campaign has received more than 2,500 responses since launching on February 6.
PAMPER: Essential Pamper Awareness Evening for Hospicecare, with taster sessions, will be held at Stowford Community Centre, Stowford Rise, 7pm on Friday, March 23. Tickets, �10, from 07979 694562 or 07593 295239. Places limited.