BREAKING: Recovery operation underway as car flips on roof
- Credit: Archant
Four Elms Hill is blocked in both directions following an accident.
Recovery works are underway following an incident involving a Hyundai and Nissan.
A police spokesman said a car had flipped and landed on its roof but there were no serious injuries.
Diversions are in place while recovery works get underway to move the vehicles and clear oil spilt on the road.
A police spokesman said: "Two vehicles were involved, one has flipped and landed on its roof. There is no serious injury. Road closed both directions for recovery and diversions in place. Highways has been informed due to oil on the road. The road should reopen once recovery completed."
You may also want to watch:
The road has been closed since the middle afternoon with traffic building in the local area.
The police traffic website said: "The A3052 Four Elms Hill both ways blocked, queuing traffic due to accident from Higher Way (Newton Poppleford) to Back Lane (Bowd)."
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
More to follow.