Tragedy as man, 37, dies after car collapses onto him
- Credit: Archant
Victim from Sidmouth was ‘working on vehicle’ - police
A 36-year-old man working beneath a car in Sidmouth died after the vehicle collapsed on top of him, police said.
The emergency services were called to Betjeman Close at around 6.30pm on Saturday.
Fire crews found the casualty had already been removed from under the car before and provided oxygen therapy and CPR until the ambulance service arrived.
The man was airlifted to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by police helicopter, where he was pronounced dead by medics.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Cornwall police spokeswoman said: “It appears the man was working under the car. He was found under the vehicle. The vehicle appears to have collapsed on top of him.
“He was evacuated by police helicopter to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious and the man’s next of kin had been informed.
“An investing report will be compiled for the coroner,” the police spokeswoman said.