X marks the spot as SADs entertain in annual pantomime
- Credit: Archant
There is panto-monium at the Manor Pavilion this new year as sell out crowds set sail to Treasure Island.
The curtains have risen on Sidmouth Amateur Dramatics Society (SADs) annual pantomime which sees Jim Hawkins go in search of lost treasure, pursued by a band of pirates.
Packed with pantomime traditions and familiar faces, the show is aimed to be a hit with audiences of all ages.
Liz Hammond, from SADs, said: “It’s been absolutely fantastic. It’s lively, it’s colourful and people have said they have had a really pleasurable evening.
“It just adds another dynamic when an audience comes in and the children are yelling ‘it’s behind you’, it is absolutely wonderful.”
You may also want to watch:
Director Mark Rose takes helm for the first time working alongside musical director Rob Preece.
The script has been written by Ben Crocker and features hits for all ages, including ABBA, Les Miserables and Robbie Williams.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
Tickets are £13 for adults and £6.50 for under 16s, group discounts are available.
Remaining shows are: December 31 6.30pm, January 1 2pm and 6.30pm. January 3 7.30pm, January 4 7.30pm, January 5 2pm and 7.30pm