X marks the spot as SADs entertain in annual pantomime
- Credit: Archant
There is panto-monium at the Manor Pavilion this new year as sell out crowds set sail to Treasure Island.
The curtains have risen on Sidmouth Amateur Dramatics Society (SADs) annual pantomime which sees Jim Hawkins go in search of lost treasure, pursued by a band of pirates.
Packed with pantomime traditions and familiar faces, the show is aimed to be a hit with audiences of all ages.
Liz Hammond, from SADs, said: “It’s been absolutely fantastic. It’s lively, it’s colourful and people have said they have had a really pleasurable evening.
“It just adds another dynamic when an audience comes in and the children are yelling ‘it’s behind you’, it is absolutely wonderful.”
You may also want to watch:
Director Mark Rose takes helm for the first time working alongside musical director Rob Preece.
The script has been written by Ben Crocker and features hits for all ages, including ABBA, Les Miserables and Robbie Williams.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
Tickets are £13 for adults and £6.50 for under 16s, group discounts are available.
Remaining shows are: December 31 6.30pm, January 1 2pm and 6.30pm. January 3 7.30pm, January 4 7.30pm, January 5 2pm and 7.30pm