Treasures in store at Sidmouth holiday club
Youngsters flock to enjoy Professor Globetrotter’s antics at Sidmouth school.
THERE were treasures to be had in Sidmouth this week, and lots of children made sure they were in on the act.
Sid Valley’s Anglican Churches began a summer holiday club at St Nicholas Junior School on Tuesday, which ends on Friday with the theme Treasure Island.
The Reverend Dave Brown, curate at All Saints Church, Sidmouth, was delighted with the turnout during the week.
After Tuesday’s start he said: “We had 60 children today, which was a record, including some who were on holiday and decided to come and join in the fun!”
Tuesday’s theme was on the pearl of great price, not the crazy models the primary-age children made, but that being in God’s family is the best treasure in the world.
The rest of the week has been spent finding out how to get into God’s family.
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
Highlights on Tuesday included Jungle Gym with Tarzana, and watching her ruin the hapless Professor Globetrotter’s models time after time.
In-house band, The Vines played some great songs at the club.
“Overall it was a great start to the week,” said Dave.
The club runs from 10am to 12.45pm each day, enjoying art and craft, games, songs and stories from the Bible for just �1 a day.
The week ends with a family barbecue tomorrow (Saturday) and a special Holiday Club service at All Saints’ Church at 9:30am on Sunday morning.
*For more details see www.sidvalley.org.uk or call Rev Dave Brown (01395) 579316.