Tree cordoned off in Sidmouth after branch breaks
- Credit: Archant
It may look like a crime scene but Sherlock Holmes or Poirot won’t be needed – though a visit from Special Branch might be in order.
The tree in Coburg Road near Kennaway House in Sidmouth has been cordoned off to prevent people going near it and was causing concern until someone twigged what the reason was.
A branch high up broke on Friday and the tree was taped off by East Devon District Council’s StreetScene team.
A council spokesman said: “The tape will remain in place until our contractor has been in to remove the affected branch.
A procedure called a ‘crown reduction’ will be carried out to lessen the chance of branches falling.
You may also want to watch:
In Blackmore Gardens, a new rope fence is also being installed around a pine tree to improve ground conditions under the tree affected by people walking around it. Mulching and a process called ‘airspading’ using pressurised air are planned to improve the soil structure.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time