Tree fall KO’s van and power lines on Station Road
- Credit: Archant
No reported casualties as tree smashes into stationary vehicle.
Ferocious winds brought down a tree on top of a van parked in Sidmouth Body Repairs forecourt along Station Road in Sidmouth.
The winds toppled the tree which smashed into power lines and the van, but luckily for the owner, they weren’t in the vehicle at the time. The road has since been closed as a clean-up gets underway.
Earlier in the day, a fallen tree on Four Elms Hill, between Newton Poppleford and Sidford, caused long queues and prompted a speedy cleanup operation.
No casualties were reported and the tree was safely removed from the road.
You may also want to watch:
Amber wind warnings have been issued for Sidmouth today and tomorrow as the East Devon regions continuing to be battered by severe and stormy conditions,
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman