Tree-mendous festive donation to Sidmouth charity
CHRISTMAS has been given extra sparkle for hundreds of children who use a Sidmouth-based charity thanks to a kind donation from a business.
Sidmouth Garden Centre handed over a 10ft tree to The Donkey Sanctuary’s Assisted Therapy Centre.
It will be enjoyed by scores of youngsters with additional needs who are due to visit with their schools, families and community groups in the festive season.
In addition to regular donkey riding therapy sessions that benefit more than 150 local children with additional needs each week, the centre is hosting Christmas parties and will be taking Mary the donkey to visit residents of nursing homes, hospices and care homes as part of their yuletide celebrations.
Lauriel Woodley, centre manager, said: “We’re thrilled with our tree and would like to say a big thank you to Sidmouth Garden Centre for their kind gesture.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about festive events at the centre, call 01395 573009.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members