Tree-mendous festive donation to Sidmouth charity
CHRISTMAS has been given extra sparkle for hundreds of children who use a Sidmouth-based charity thanks to a kind donation from a business.
Sidmouth Garden Centre handed over a 10ft tree to The Donkey Sanctuary’s Assisted Therapy Centre.
It will be enjoyed by scores of youngsters with additional needs who are due to visit with their schools, families and community groups in the festive season.
In addition to regular donkey riding therapy sessions that benefit more than 150 local children with additional needs each week, the centre is hosting Christmas parties and will be taking Mary the donkey to visit residents of nursing homes, hospices and care homes as part of their yuletide celebrations.
Lauriel Woodley, centre manager, said: “We’re thrilled with our tree and would like to say a big thank you to Sidmouth Garden Centre for their kind gesture.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about festive events at the centre, call 01395 573009.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge